- Citibank Grant: In January, GBCE received a $25,000 grant from Citibank to support its Green Business Hub. “This grant is a valuable and important contribution toward our new initiative that will help us create 100 new jobs in Bridgeport over the next five years by developing three new green business enterprises and growing our current two green enterprises,” said Adrienne Houël, President & CEO. Read our full Press Release (Word document).
- Champion in Action: January 30th, Citizens Bank named GBCE its 40th Champion in Action! We were presented by Citizens Bank CT and RH President Ned Handy and Mayor Bill Finch $35,000 grant to support our programs. This grant will also help us expand our Green Business Hub!
- JobRaising Challenge: From January 21st to March 1st, GBCE participate Huffington Post’s JobRaising Challenge, a crowd funding competition between 74 job-creating nonprofits to win $250,000 in prizes from The Skoll Foundation. Thanks to your support, we fundraised a total of $3,101 from 30 donations and were eligible for a $1,000 prize from the Skoll Foundation!
Check out our blog posts on the Huffington Post website about our job-creating efforts:
- 2/21/13: Proud Father and Grandfather Touts GBCE’s Green Jobs Initiatives! by Charles B. Tisdale, Executive Director of ABCD, Inc.
- Bridgeport Environmental Job Training: Bridgeport Environmental Job Training Program is an 8-week classroom and hands-on preparation for careers in the environmental field, starting this Spring. For more information, please download our flyer and call Samurie March-Robinson at the Green Team: (203) 212-3858!